Thanks, Al and Noah for the list and great links.
My class started a version of the CLP projec this week, though progress has been slow (due to low HW turnout and the funeral and memorial service for the student who was killed in a motorcycle accident last week, and who was part of our class for the first 3 days of school. It's been a rough beginning of the school year at GCHS, but it's also brought us together as a community in some important ways).
I could use some clarification about the transition from the leadership topic to consumption/product trail/coffee readings etc. in the later half of this unit.
I want to include a Socratic Seminar discussion on leadership based around "The Prince" by Machiavelli that I also did last year in this class, and I think this could be a great wrap-up to the unit. Also, haven't set up our Adopt a School partnership for this year yet, since last year's partner has passed it along to another teacher she recommended but who hasn't replied to my emails yet (I'll be calling him by the end of this week). With class jobs, portfolio, class meetings, and this project, my students are very busy and we're just getting into the swing of things, so it's a busy time. I heard from a colleague that one students in my class told her that it's his favorite class--he likes taking notes for the group during class meetings, and he said he likes the structure and format, he's learning important things. What great feedback!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment