Friday, September 5, 2008

TGIF

Our first fire drill of the year took up part of our class today, so we fell a little behind. Overall, another pretty good day. We had our first absence today and another student was very late. I didn't react other than adding attendance to our list of agenda items on the board.

The kids did an AMAZING job of adding leadership key words to our list after the pair-share. I will type them up on Monday. We also did office hours for the few remaining minutes of class after the fire drill. Each student labeled a hanging folder with his/her name and we collected homework.

So, I'm not sure what to do about the portfolios: binder or hanging file? I don't know that I have room in my classroom to store 27 binders. But the hanging files are not going to do it. Maybe I'll have them decorate the hanging file for now and we will transfer things to a binder later on. The decorated hanging file could be hole punched and included in the binder or slipped into the cover.

Monday I will do the FTF pre-test, continue with names (try our first quiz), start self-intros, and do our first journal entry. I am probably going to push back the Community Leader Project until next Thursday. Last year I purchased comp books for all of the students for journals. If I have time this weekend, I might go out and buy a bunch for this semester. Let me know if you see any good deals where the limit is more than 4.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: