Hello again. We had office hours today. It was a little chaotic trying to get everyone up to par with class jobs. I still have 3 students who need class jobs and I don't think I can expand anymore of the existing ones. So I'm going to think this weekend about creating 1 or 2 new jobs. One might be to keep our New/Noticias bulletin board up to date.
We went over the CLP assignment and rubric. On Monday or Tuesday I hope to be able to take them to the library to do some research. I plan to put together my model presentation over the weekend. I am thinking about profiling Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times.
I have been posting a lot lately. I know that this blog is intended mostly for reflection on our classes, but is it okay to post about resources that we find too? Or is there a better way to file them on the blog? I think the tagging (adding labels) should help us stay organized if we continue to post resources.
On my way to school today I was listening to Democracy Now and the people who made the new film FLOW were on. I would love to find a copy if they are available. Here's a link to the interview. You can download the audio from the website and both the audio and video through itunes. The film opens at Varsity Theater in the U-District on November 7th. Could be a fun field trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment