Thanks for the detailed posts, both Noah and Kate! It is helpful to hear about specifics regarding your GL class progress or occasional lack there-of.
Finally a week at Franklin where it felt like some real progress was made. Our first class meeting on Wednesday that addressed some "real" issues and has a generally high level of engagement from students. In particular students dialogued about the very high failure rate (1/2 the GL students are currently failing 3 or more classes)and students suggested ideas for supporting better success. I think in general they were pragmatic suggestions and at least partially in-line with some of the approached prescribed by the GL model.
Thursday was the first AAS visit to John Muir and was highly successful in terms of motivating the students. The typically least cooperative students were the most on task, leading activities and smooth transitions. I was in shock! So much for going down in ball of flames like I expected... Looking forward to a more content rich visit at the end of the water unit. In short, Obama is not the only reason to have hope at FHS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment