Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Global Awareness Unit

So I've morphed some election discussion and online voting with the Global Trivia/product trail/needs-wants/red-green game activities, plus showing the Go! documentary about child soldiers in Uganda, to make a unit I'm calling 'Global Awareness.' In 2 weeks we'll go back to our AAS class, and I'm excited to see which activities they choose to do and what content will emerge as that which they deem most important. Water will begin at the end of November.


Class meetings are touch and go--one week they crash and burn, the next week (like this one) they are more student-run with important discussion and some lightness and laughter. Today we switched up class jobs, and it felt like there was some growing ownership over the class in general--something that's been concerning me.

Never got around to the Socratic Seminar on Machiavelli, but I"m going to keep the materials hanging around for later in the year.

So that's what we're up to over here at Global Connections.
--Kate H-F

1 comment:

catarina said...

I dig the "Global Awareness" Unit. Rad! Thanks for the update, kate.